Wikipedia

Search results

The Raven's Call Poem by Caroline Tiss

The Raven's Call - Poem by Caroline Tiss
I took my body to the waves Where the air is sweet and the wind chimes played A woman sitting on the rocks With copper locks Tumbling down her back into the sea If she were real, why couldn’t love be? If she were real, I was born free. Help me listen to the waves, Help me hear the tune they played Every note, a sacred key Every word, a melody If she were real, why couldn’t love be If she were real, why can’t I get free? Juniper, her berries sweet Juniper, her song complete The missing piece, the final key The racing horse running wild, Through pastures golden-green The last word The final say The last release before the break, And she is the dawning day, and perhaps the loveliest of all The final word of the Raven’s call.

Comments

"To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom." - Socrates